Lemon Dill Chickpea Salad
If you’re looking for a healthy and easy to make vegetarian meal that will still fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied, look no further. This lemon dill chickpea salad is just what you need.
15 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- 2 cans (16oz each) reduced-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (divided)
- 1 cupplain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoonfreshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- ¼ minced fresh dill
- 6 Old El Paso™ Whole Wheat Taco Boats
- Optional: lemon zest and extra dill for garnish, torn leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, use a potato masher or a fork and mash half of beans with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper until mostly smooth and combined.
- Stir in remaining beans, celery, cucumber, and dill and mix until combined. Load into Old El Paso™ Whole Wheat Taco Boat and enjoy immediately or store covered in fridge until ready to eat.
- Try it garnished with lemon zest and extra dill or with some torn leaf lettuce for extra crunch and freshness.