Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
8 Hours 45 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- Sour cream
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, cook pork sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in green onions. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. In same skillet, melt butter. Add eggs; cook, stirring frequently, until scrambled and set. Add sausage and onions; mix gently.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon sausage evenly onto each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold in sides of each tortilla; roll up to make burritos. Place in freezer container with waxed paper between layers. Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Night before use, place burritos in refrigerator to thaw. Next morning, heat oven to 350°F. Wrap each burrito in foil; place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until hot. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- You can also store the burritos in individual resealable plastic bags.
- If you'd prefer, you can microwave the burritos instead of baking them. Wrap 1 burrito in a microwavable paper towel and microwave on High 1 to 3 minutes.