Mexican Chex™ Mix
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 bag (3.5 oz) butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 8 cups Corn Chex™ Cereal
- 4 cups corn chips
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
Recipe Continues Below
- Remove and discard unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. In 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix popcorn, cereal, corn chips and crackers. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Seal bag; shake until well coated. Add cheese and taco seasoning mix. Seal bag and shake until well coated.
- If you don't have a 2-gallon food-storage bag on hand, you can use a very large (8-quart) bowl, or even a roaster or stockpot to make your Mexican Chex™ Mix.
- Bite-size cheese crackers are available in a variety of fun shapes. Try using animal-shaped crackers in your spicy Mexican Chex™ Mix.
- Microwave ovens vary in cooking power. General guidelines (not exact times) are usually listed on microwave popcorn package directions. Make sure to stay close to the microwave as the popcorn pops, and stop the microwave as soon as the popping noises stop.
- 1 Serving Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 170mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet