Mexican Chex™ Mix
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 bag (3.5 oz) butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 8 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups corn chips
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
Recipe Continues Below
- Remove and discard unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. In 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix popcorn, cereal, corn chips and crackers. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Seal bag; shake until well coated. Add cheese and taco seasoning mix. Seal bag and shake until well coated.
- If you don't have a really big food-storage bag on hand, you can use a very large (8-quart) bowl, a roaster or stockpot to make this mix.
- Bite-size cheese crackers aren't just square! You can use the fun animal shapes available.
- 1 Serving Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 170mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet