- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Step 1: Heat oven to 400°F. Generously spray each of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix potatoes, oil and taco seasoning mix. Divide evenly among cups; press lightly. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until deep brown.
Step 2: Top each muffin cup with green chiles, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Step 3: Run knife around edges, and remove from muffin cups. Top with sour cream. Sprinkle with green onion and cilantro.
Nutrition1 Serving: Calories 140 Calories from Fat 60; Total Fat 6g; Saturated Fat 2 1/2g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 150mg; Potassium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate18g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 1g; Protein 3g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Like it hot? Serve with Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
For a pretty presentation, spoon sour cream into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, clip 1/4-inch from corner of bag, and pipe a zigzag of sour cream on each muffin.