Mexican Hash Brown Muffins
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously spray each of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix potatoes, oil and taco seasoning mix. Divide evenly among cups; press lightly. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until deep brown.
- Top each muffin cup with green chiles, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Run knife around edges, and remove from muffin cups. Top with sour cream. Sprinkle with green onion and cilantro.
- Like it hot? Serve with Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
- For a pretty presentation, spoon sour cream into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, clip 1/4-inch from corner of bag, and pipe a zigzag of sour cream on each muffin.
- 1 Serving Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 150mg; Potassium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 8%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet