Mexican Stuffed Chicken
1 Hours Total
- 4 Servings
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells
- 4 chicken breasts- butterflied and pounded thing
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ traditional refried beans
- 1-1/3 Cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped green chiles- drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350° F. / 175° C. In a food processor, pulse the taco shells into a fine crumb. Place in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Butterfly each chicken breast open, cover in plastic wrap and pound thin. Season both sides with salt and pepper and spread 1/4 cup refried beans over the cut side of each breast. Layer 1/3 cup cheese on top of the beans and spoon a tablespoon of the drained green chilies on top of each.
- Roll each chicken breast tightly away from you and secure with 2-3 toothpicks. Bread the prepared chicken in the taco crumbs, pressing evenly on all sides. Place chicken on a baking rack placed over a sheet pan and bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. / 74° C. Allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.