Mini Churro Taco Bowls™
Try this spin on the classic cinnamon-and-sugar sprinkled Mexican pastry! Quick to assemble for a weeknight sweet, and pretty enough to serve for a fancy party.
15 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup Yoplait® Greek 100 plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Lightly brush melted butter on each entire bowl to coat. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle inside and outside on bowls. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as cooled. Remove to cooling rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix strawberries, peaches and blueberries; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons sugar. Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another small bowl, mix Greek yogurt and honey. Fill each bowl with 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture; top with generous tablespoon of fruit. Garnish with mint sprigs. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.
- Try a different flavor of yogurt for the filling.
- Make sure to chop the fruit small enough to fit in the bowls.
- For a cool treat, try freezing finished bowls for 1 hour before serving.
- Traditional Spanish and Mexican churros are sweet dough spirals that are deep-fried and coated with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
NutritionCalories90(Calories from Fat30),Total Fat3 1/2g(Saturated Fat1 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol5mgSodium105mgTotal Carbohydrate13g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars6g),Protein2g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium2%;Iron0%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.