Mini Churro Taco Bowls
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup Yoplait® Greek 100 plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Lightly brush melted butter on each entire bowl to coat. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle inside and outside on bowls. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as cooled. Remove to cooling rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix strawberries, peaches and blueberries; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons sugar. Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another small bowl, mix Greek yogurt and honey. Fill each bowl with 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture; top with generous tablespoon of fruit. Garnish with mint sprigs. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.
- Try a different flavor of yogurt for the filling.
- Make sure to chop the fruit small enough to fit in the bowls.
- For a cool treat, try freezing finished boats for 1 hour before serving.
- Traditional Spanish and Mexican churros are sweet dough spirals that are deep-fried and coated with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 105mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet