Mini Queso Fundido Dip Bowls
These tomato- and cilantro-topped individual dip bowls are stuffed with creamy, spicy cheese, chorizo and onions for a handheld, baked version of the classic skillet dip that’s quick, easy and packed with flavor.
30 Minutes Prep
55 Minutes Total
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas (12 bowls)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb bulk chorizo
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush oil on all sides of bowls. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, mix Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, pepper Jack cheese, chiles and cream cheese. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes; stir, then microwave in 30-second increments until cheese melts and mixture is easily stirred smooth. Divide evenly among bowls.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chorizo and onions over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chorizo is browned and onions are softened; drain if necessary. Divide chorizo mixture evenly among bowls.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is hot (at least 165°F). Top with tomato and cilantro.
- Raw chorizo varies in fat content. If your chorizo is very lean, you might not need to drain after cooking.
- For best results, slice onions as thinly as possible.