Nacho Pot Pie
50 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (1 ounce) package tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 12 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, green onions, tomatoes
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the beef and onions. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Drain. Add 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and ? cup water and cook until liquid has reduced. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add the flour and cook for a couple of minutes until thick. Slowly whisk in the beef broth and milk until combined and cook for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is thick. Stir in the reserved meat mixture, corn, and beans.
- Pour into an 11x17 inch baking dish. Top with crushed tortillas. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, green onions, and tomatoes.
- For pretty presentation, place the sour cream in a resealable plastic bag. Snip off the corner of the bag and pipe it on top.
- Make the beef mixture ahead of time to speed up the process for a weeknight meal.