- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, cooked as directed on bag
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Additional ingredients for serving, if desired
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Additional crumbled queso fresco cheese
Step 1 In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat at least 2 inches oil to 350°F.
Step 2 While oil is heating, mix Popper ingredients in large bowl, stirring well. Drop tablespoonful-size pieces of dough into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Step 3 Mix Aioli ingredients. Serve with warm poppers and additional ingredients.