Quinoa Tacos with Summer Vegetables
Prep 35 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells (10 Count)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes (2 small)
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat; add quinoa. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 14 to 16 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Transfer to medium bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and salt. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables soften and begin to brown on edges.
- Heat shells as directed on package. Stir cilantro into quinoa mixture, then divide mixture among shells. Top with cooked vegetables, tomatoes, cheese and pepitas. Serve with lime wedges.
- Try substituting your favorite summer vegetables, from fresh sweet corn to eggplant, in these yummy veggie tacos.
- Can’t find pepitas for this Quinoa Tacos recipe? Use your favorite chopped toasted nuts instead.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- 1 Taco Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 300mg; Potassium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 4g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet