Shredded Chicken Tacos
Prepare these easy tacos for taco night in under an hour!
10 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of your favorite beer
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 oz.) can Old El Paso™ diced green chiles
- 6-12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas, warmed
- Fresh toppings for serving
- Heat a large skillet or braiser over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and once hot, add chicken and sear on both sides until lightly browned and golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly pour in the beer. Add taco seasoning and green chiles. Cover skillet/braiser and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and easily shreddable.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly and then shred with two forks or your hands.
- Divide chicken between warmed taco shells and top with desired toppings.
- Try adding your favorite spice blends and seasoning mixes to the chicken to spice it up a bit!
- The chicken can also be used for other dishes like enchiladas, Mexican tortilla pie and chili.
- Make it FRESH toppings: tomato salsa or pico de gallo, lettuce, diced avocado, fresh lime wedges, crumbled queso fresco cheese.