Slow-Cooker Green Enchilada Soup
Prep 5 Minutes
Total Time 4 Hours
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
Serve with, if desired
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Crispy tortilla strips
- Chopped avocado
- Hot sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- Add chicken, chicken broth, Old El Paso™ Green Enchilada Sauce, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, and diced onion to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Return to slow cooker. Stir and serve garnished with desired toppings.
- Add more veggies to your green chile chicken enchilada soup by stirring in a can of rinsed, drained chickpeas or a can of corn.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be used in place of the chicken breasts for this green chicken enchilada soup.
- Make your slow-cooker green chile chicken soup creamy by topping with a bit of sour cream, or stir some in at the end of cooking.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet