Slow Cooker Green Enchilada Soup
This Slow Cooker Green Enchilada soup is the perfect no-hassle, craveable way to amp up the family-favorite comfort food, chicken tortilla soup. All it takes is 5 minutes of prep to add chicken, with Old El Paso™ Green Enchilada Sauce and Green Chiles, into your slow cooker with some diced onion. Set the timer, let it simmer, then just shred the chicken, top with your choice of cheese, cilantro, crispy tortilla strips, chopped avocado, or hot sauce, and serve.
5 Minutes Prep
4 Hours Total
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10oz) Old El Paso™ Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4.5oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- Optional toppings: Cheese, cilantro, crispy tortilla strips, chopped avocado, hot sauce
- Add chicken, chicken broth, Old El Paso™ Green Enchilada Sauce, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, and diced onion to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Return to slow cooker. Stir and serve garnished with desired toppings.