- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes (1 oz each) Old El Paso™ 25% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 cans (16 oz each) Old El Paso™ fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (2.5 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bag (12 oz) gold tortilla chips (extra thick)
- Sour cream, if desired
Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
Step 2 Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in chiles.
Step 3 Spread refried beans in baking dish. Top with ground beef mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
Step 4 Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Step 5 Remove from oven. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onions and olives. Arrange 18 to 20 tortilla chips around outside edges of baking dish. Return to oven; bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with sour cream. Serve with remaining tortilla chips for scooping.