Southwest Nacho Casserole
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 25%* Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 cans (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Spicy Fat Free Refried Beans
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (2.5 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bag (12 oz) gold tortilla chips (extra thick)
- Sour cream, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in chiles.
- Spread refried beans in baking dish. Top with ground beef mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Remove from oven. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onions and olives. Arrange 18 to 20 tortilla chips around outside edges of baking dish. Return to oven; bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with sour cream. Serve with remaining tortilla chips for scooping.
- 1/10 of Recipe Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1210mg; Potassium 590mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 6g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 29g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet