Southwest Nacho Casserole
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 cans (16 oz each) Old El Paso™ fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (2.5 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bag (12 oz) gold tortilla chips (extra thick)
- Sour cream, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in chiles.
- Spread refried beans in baking dish. Top with ground beef mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Remove from oven. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onions and olives. Arrange 18 to 20 tortilla chips around outside edges of baking dish. Return to oven; bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with sour cream. Serve with remaining tortilla chips for scooping.
Calories460(Calories from Fat190),Total Fat21g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol60mgSodium1210mgTotal Carbohydrate40g(Dietary Fiber6g Sugars3g),Protein29g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium20%;Iron25%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.