Spicy Mexican Shrimp Taco Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, cut on the bias
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tail shells removed
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey, lime juice and salt. Stir in cabbage and green onions; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until pink. Stir in garlic, hot sauce and taco seasoning mix. Heat to simmering. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide cabbage mixture among bowls; divide shrimp mixture among bowls; top with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
- A nonstick skillet is great for many things, but it’s not great for searing shrimp. In fact, it tends to make them water out a bit. If possible, use a regular skillet for this shrimp taco bowl recipe.
- To save a few minutes of prep time when making your shrimp taco bowls, look for bagged pre-shredded purple cabbage.
- Hate chopping garlic? Leave it out and use chili garlic sauce instead of regular hot sauce.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 370mg; Potassium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 7g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet