Spicy Mexican Shrimp Taco Bowls™
Fresh, bright, sweet and hot – this meal packs everything you love about summer into one taco bowl!
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, cut on the bias
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tail shells removed
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 12 Old El Paso™ Mini Taco Bowls™ soft flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey, lime juice and salt. Stir in cabbage and green onions; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until pink. Stir in garlic, hot sauce and taco seasoning mix. Heat to simmering. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide cabbage mixture among bowls; divide shrimp mixture among bowls; top with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
- A nonstick skillet is great for many things, but it’s not great for searing shrimp. In fact, it tends to make them water out a bit. If possible, use a regular skillet for this recipe.
- To save a few minutes of prep time, look for bagged preshredded purple cabbage.
NutritionCalories140(Calories from Fat60),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol55mgSodium370mgTotal Carbohydrate11g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars2g),Protein7g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C10%;Calcium4%;Iron4%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.