Stand ‘N Stuff™ Tacos al Pastor
The classic pineapple, onion and rotisserie pork flavors of al pastor come together quickly and easily in this skillet riff on the original, using pork tenderloin and Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells.
40 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 1/4 cups diced white onions
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa, as desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes without moving. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the pineapple and 1 cup of the onions; cook 6 to 7 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and pineapple begins to brown. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to simmering. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While pork is cooking, heat taco shells as directed on package. Divide pork mixture among shells; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup pineapple, 1/4 cup onions and the cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and salsa.
- Don’t skip the step of trimming the pork tenderloin. That membrane doesn’t cook away, and it prevents flavors and seasonings from getting to the meat. To remove slippery silverskin, run a knife underneath the shiny membrane, and slice to remove the silverskin while removing as little meat as possible.
- To cut a pineapple, slice off the top (crown end) and bottom, then stand up on cut bottom side. Use knife to cut off the skin side from top to bottom, removing eyes as much as possible while leaving flesh intact. Slice pineapple top to bottom around core in several pieces; discard core. Dice remaining flesh.
NutritionCalories200(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat8g(Saturated Fat3 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol35mgSodium270mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars5g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium2%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.