- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle (10 oz) sweet-and-sour sauce (3/4 cup)
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
Step 1 In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
Step 2 Add bell pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add sweet-and-sour sauce; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is tender. Stir in pineapple; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
Step 3 Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide chicken mixture among bowls; top with green onions, sesame seed and chow mein noodles.
NutritionCalories320(Calories from Fat100),Total Fat12g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol55mgSodium360mgTotal Carbohydrate31g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars16g),Protein21g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium4%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsBoneless skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for the chicken breasts in this recipe.
Don’t have chow mein noodles? Substitute 1/2 cup cashews or peanuts for the noodles in this recipe.