Care for a slice of taco? You can when you bake all the taco flavors you love into one easy dish just made for topping. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or process American cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Sour cream, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, if desired
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in dry seasoning mix, tomato sauce and corn. Spoon into pan; sprinkle with cheese. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- Top it like a taco with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream. To make it extra-special, add sliced ripe olives, guacamole and something spicy such as chopped jalapeño chilies or crushed red pepper.
- To keep Bisquick mix fresh longer, refrigerate after opening it.
NutritionCalories470 (Calories from Fat215 ),Total Fat24 g(Saturated Fat11 g,),Cholesterol115 mgSodium1330 mgTotal Carbohydrate39 g(Dietary Fiber3 g),Protein25 g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A26%;Vitamin C12%;Calcium26%;Iron20%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 2 Vegetable; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.