- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or process American cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Sour cream, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, if desired
Step 1 Heat oven to 325ºF. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
Step 2 Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in dry seasoning mix, tomato sauce and corn. Spoon into pan; sprinkle with cheese. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour over beef mixture.
Step 3 Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining ingredients.
NutritionCalories470 (Calories from Fat215 ),Total Fat24 g(Saturated Fat11 g,),Cholesterol115 mgSodium1330 mgTotal Carbohydrate39 g(Dietary Fiber3 g),Protein25 g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A26%;Vitamin C12%;Calcium26%;Iron20%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 2 Vegetable; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsTop it like a taco with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream. To make it extra-special, add sliced ripe olives, guacamole and something spicy such as chopped jalapeño chilies or crushed red pepper.
To keep Bisquick mix fresh longer, refrigerate after opening it.