Taco-Stuffed Pasta Shells
Transform taco night with this fun, easy and delicious pasta dish.
35 Minutes Prep
55 Minutes Total
- 8 oz uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 24 shells from 12-oz box)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix, crushed tomatoes and 1 cup of the shredded cheese; stir well until cheese is melted.
- Fill each pasta shell with about 1 tablespoon beef mixture; place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Top filled shells with plum tomatoes and chopped cilantro; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- If you prefer more heat, try some chopped jalapeños on your shells.
- Ground turkey is a great substitute for ground beef in this dish.
NutritionCalories330(Calories from Fat140),Total Fat15g(Saturated Fat8g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol60mgSodium430mgTotal Carbohydrate28g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars3g),Protein20g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium20%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.