Thai Chicken Street Tacos Recipe
20 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup peanut satay sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 box (8 count) Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells, heated as directed on box
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, heat shredded chicken, peanut sauce and green chiles over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, divide chicken mixture among heated shells; top with carrot, bell pepper, peanuts and cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
- Peanut sauces can vary in consistency and spice level. For this recipe, we used a thick peanut satay sauce.
- Can’t find purchased peanut sauce? Make your own! In small bowl, beat 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon chile garlic sauce with whisk until well blended. Continue as directed in recipe.
- Heating shells before filling provides the perfect crispness for your tacos.
1 Serving: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 730mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 15g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Lean Meat, 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1