Tres Leches Taco Bowls™
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 12 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ Mini Soft Flour Tortillas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons granulated White sugar- divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream-divided
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 12 cherries
- 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits- chopped
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat Oven to 350° F. / 175° C. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and 2 tbsp sugar. Brush the bottoms on each of the mini taco bowls with butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place bowls in a 9”x13” baking dish in 3 rows of 4 taco bowls each. (Taco bowls should barely touch one another.)
- Prepare cake mix per instructions and pour approximately 1/4 cup batter into each taco bowl (about 3/4 of the way full.) Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from baking dish and cool on a cooling rack placed over a sheet pan. While muffins are cooling combine the sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup heavy cream and the whole milk, stir until well mixed.
- With a fork, prick the tops of the muffins all over and evenly spoon the milk mixture over the tops of each. (It’s ok if some of the liquid spills over the edges of the muffins.)
- In a mixing bowl combine the remaining heavy cream and 2 tbsp sugar, mix on high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost the muffins with the whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, the chopped pineapple and a cherry.