Veggie and Bean Rice Bowls with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup medium-grain rice, prepared
- 1 can Old El Paso™ refried beans, heated up
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus the zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe Continues Below
- Divide the rice evenly among four bowls. Add 1/4 of the refried beans, red peppers, avocado and lettuce to each.
- Whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over each rice bowl.
- No time to make rice? Pick up some frozen rice and it will be ready to use in minutes – I love the medium grain rice for this, but any rice (brown or white) will do.
- For a less tangy vinaigrette, add 1 teaspoon honey before whisking together.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet