Veggie and Bean Rice Bowls with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Blogger Sarah W. Caron from Sarah's Cucina Bella shares a favorite recipe for Veggie and Bean Rice Bowls with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. These easy to make rice bowls are a party of flavors and textures – tangy, sweet, crisp, creamy, cool and warm.
10 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- 1/2 cup medium-grain rice, prepared
- 1 can Old El Paso™ refried beans, heated up
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus the zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Divide the rice evenly among four bowls. Add 1/4 of the refried beans, red peppers, avocado and lettuce to each.
- Whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over each rice bowl.
- No time to make rice? Pick up some frozen rice and it will be ready to use in minutes – I love the medium grain rice for this, but any rice (brown or white) will do.
- For a less tangy vinaigrette, add 1 teaspoon honey before whisking together.