Your Comprehensive Guide to Margaritas
WHAT YOU NEEDHow do you make a margarita from scratch? Get started by collecting some mixology tools and these ingredients. For the classic Margarita, you'll need:
- Cocktail tools, like a mixer and a jigger
- A glass to match your style. Traditionally Margarita's are served in a wide-rimmed, salted, large cocktail glass
- 4 oz Tequila –tequila blanco (not aged) or tequila resposado (aged a couple months) are the best types of tequilas for Margaritas
- 2 oz Orange liqueur
- Fresh lime juice to taste
- Fresh limes
HOW TO PREPARE
Step 1: Salt your glass by running a lime around the edge. Dip in a plate of salt.
Step 2: Put ingredients in a cocktail shaker and do a little shake dance.
Step 3: Pour over the rocks (with ice) or blend in a blender with ice for a frozen version.
If you're ready to venture from the classic lime margarita, the sky's the limit on margarita flavors you can try. Below are some options to shake up your next happy hour. Consider fruit-forward flavors and experiment with herbs, spices and garnishes to really impress your guests.
Below are some flavor inspirations to get you started:
- Strawberry Basil, made with frozen strawberries, basil and sugar.
- Frozen coconut, made with cream of coconut and shredded coconut.
- Blueberry Mint, made with frozen blueberries, mint and sugar.
The perfect pairing of Margarita and Tex-Mex recipes can really elevate your dinner. Try the recipes below with your Margarita of choice, and make sure your taste buds are ready to party.