10 Minute Chicken Taco Bowls
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 10 Minutes
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen cooked rice, heated as directed on package
- 1/2 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place tortillas on cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, mix rice, 1/2 can of beans (reserve remaining half for another use), the taco seasoning mix, cheese and chicken, stirring well to combine. Divide mixture among tortillas.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is well heated through and tortillas are golden brown. While tortillas are baking, prepare toppings. Serve tacos with toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: fresh corn, sour cream, salsa, avocado chunks, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeño peppers, Sriracha sauce.
- To truly make this a ten minute taco, use preshredded rotisserie chicken found in the supermarket.
- 1 Taco Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 510mg; Potassium 100mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet