10-Minute Pineapple Black Bean Tostadas
10 Minutes Total
- 12 Servings
- 1 (12-count) package Old El Paso™ Tostada Shells
- 2 (16-ounce) cans Old El Paso™ Black Bean Refried Beans
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 batch pineapple salsa (see below)
- crumbled queso fresco
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- ⅔ cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely-chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Recipe Continues Below
- To Make The Pineapple Salsa: Toss all ingredients together until combined.
- To Make The Tostadas: Place a tostada shell on a flat work surface. Carefully spread a large spoonful of the refried beans evenly on top of the tostada.
- Top with a few slices of avocado, then add on a large spoonful of pineapple salsa. Sprinkle with a pinch of queso fresco. Serve immediately.
- Feeling adventurous? Try hotter peppers, such as serrano or even habanero, instead of the jalapeño in your black bean tostadas.
- The best bean tostadas have perfect avocado slices. Here's how: opt for just-ripe avocados so that the slices keep their shape after cutting. Cut avocado lengthwise through skin and flesh around the pit. With hands, slowly twist both sides of the avocado to separate. Gently slide large spoon under pit to remove. Use a spoon to scoop out each half of the avocado. With a knife, thinly slice each half.
- For an even easier version, skip the homemade salsa and top with your favorite jarred salsa.