Avocado Jalapeño Popper Bowls
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 Avocado from Mexico™, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile (2 to 3 inch), halved lengthwise, seeded and very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper. Brush outsides of bowls with melted butter.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning mix with whisk. Divide evenly among bowls; spread to smooth. Place filled bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until filling is hot and bowls are toasted.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, gently mix avocado, jalapeño chile, lime juice and salt. Spoon avocado mixture into bowls. Top with bacon. Serve warm.
- To dice avocado: Cut avocado lengthwise through skin and flesh around pit. With hands, slowly twist both sides of avocado to separate. Gently slide spoon under pit to remove. With knife, make crisscross cuts through flesh; remove with spoon into bowl.
- When using bacon as a garnish as in this recipe, seek out the best quality bacon you can find. It really makes a big difference in the finished dish.
- 1 Bowl Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 330mg; Potassium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet