Baked Chicken Chimichangas
40 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Burritos (8 inch)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (4 oz)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo salsa
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook chicken, water, taco seasoning mix and green chiles over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and chicken is heated through. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, heat tortillas as directed on package. Keep covered while working. Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 1 tablespoon of the beans down center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border around edges. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over beans. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture over cheese and beans.
- Carefully roll up each tortilla to secure filling. (Fold bottom of each tortilla over filling. Fold sides in, overlapping to enclose filling. Fold top over sides.) Brush all sides of each tortilla with about half of the melted butter, and place seam-side down on cookie sheet; reserve remaining melted butter.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until browned on the corners and the bottoms and 165°F in center. Brush with remaining melted butter halfway through baking. Top with crema and pico de gallo.
- Rotisserie chicken is a great time-saver, but leftover cooked chicken or turkey work well, too.
- Also try topping baked chimichangas with Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce and guacamole.
- Make it a meal! Serve this baked chimichanga recipe with a green salad and cooked white rice.
1 Chimichanga Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 840mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g); Protein 16g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2