Baked Mini Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Asado Chicken Street Taco Kit
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line sheet pan with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, mix chicken, cheese, onions, vegetable oil and seasoning mix (from taco kit).
- Place about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture on bottom third of each tortilla (from taco kit). Roll up tightly; place seam-side down in pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until filling is hot (at least 165°F) and taquitos are crispy.
- Drizzle with creamy jalapeño sauce (from taco kit). Top with tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- For extra-spicy mini chicken taquitos, substitute Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend for the Old El Paso™ Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend.
- For best results, roll up tortillas as tightly as possible.
- We tested this mini taquitos recipe using deli shredded rotisserie chicken, but any leftover cooked chicken will work well.
- 3 Taquitos Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1080mg; Potassium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet