Baked Smothered Chicken Burritos
1 Hours 5 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix (from 0.85-oz package)
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and the taco seasoning mix.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Divide refried beans, rice and chicken mixture among center of each tortilla in 4-inch long strip. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Roll up into burritos, and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and burritos are heated through (165°F). Top with green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- To freeze: Spray 13x9-inch disposable foil cake pan with cooking spray. Assemble burritos as directed in steps 1 through 3; do not bake. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover pan with sprayed foil, and wrap in double layer of plastic wrap. Label and freeze. To bake: Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic, and place foil-covered pan on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F.
- To roll burritos, fold one edge of tortilla over length of filling, tucking filling in slightly. Then fold two short edges over. Roll filled tortilla over toward remaining unfolded edge.
- Leftover rice is perfect for this recipe, but packaged frozen cooked rice works well in a pinch.
Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1.5g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 1030mg; Potassium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 22g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2