Bananas Foster Mini Taco Bowls
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons coarse white sugar
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, each cut into 12 slices
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, mix caramel sauce and rum; stir until blended.
- In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 350°F. Add sugar to gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Fry bowls in batches in hot oil 1 minute on each side, using tongs to turn bowls halfway through, until lightly brown all over. Drain bowls upside down on paper towel-lined cookie sheet until slightly cool. If middles of bowls are puffed, gently press down with back of spoon. Toss 4 bowls at a time in sugar to coat. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add banana slices, and cook 1 minute while gently stirring. Add 1/4 cup of the rum caramel; stir to coat, and remove from heat.
- Divide bananas mixture among fried bowls; top with small scoop (about 1 tablespoon) ice cream, and drizzle with remaining caramel.
- Granulated sugar can be substituted for coarse sugar in this recipe.
- For best results, use candy thermometer/deep frying thermometer to ensure correct temperature when frying.
- 1 Bowl Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 150mg; Potassium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 14g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet