Barbecue Chicken Ranch Tacos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
- Lime wedges, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until no longer pink in center. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cook until heated.
- Divide warmed chicken mixture among heated tortilla bowls. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions. Drizzle with ranch sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to hot skillet.
- Swap out lettuce for shredded green cabbage to give your BBQ chicken tacos a delightful crunch.
- Get creative with your barbecue chicken tacos. Other varieties of Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix, such as Hot & Spicy, can add a flavorful kick that's perfect for spice lovers.
- 1 Taco Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 820mg; Potassium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 7g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet