Barbecue Chicken Ranch Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, justuntil no longer pink in center. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cook until heated.
- Divide warmed chicken mixture among heated tortilla bowls. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions. Drizzle with ranch sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to hot skillet.
- Swap out lettuce with shredded green cabbage for a delightful crunch.
- Get creative with your BBQ Chicken Ranch Tacos. Other varieties of Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix, such as Hot &Spicy, can add a flavorful kick that's perfect for spice lovers.
1 Taco Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium820mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g); Protein 18g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1.5