- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 3 spinach-flavor flour tortillas (8 inch), cut in half, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in black beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning mix and water. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Step 2 In 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, spread 2 cups of the beef mixture. Top with half of the tortilla strips. Spoon half of the remaining beef mixture over tortilla strips. Add remaining tortilla strips; top with remaining beef mixture.
Step 3 Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares.