Beef and Bean Wraps
Looking for a tasty dinner using Old El Paso® beans? Then check out this great ground beef wrap made ready in just 20 minutes. Perfect for Mexican cuisine!
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 4 (6 to 8-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- 4 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 4 pieces colby-Monterey Jack string cheese
- Brown ground beef in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Stir in beans and chiles. Cook until thoroughly heated. Divide mixture evenly down center of each warm tortilla. Spoon 1 tablespoon salsa down center of each. Place 1 piece of string cheese down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place 2 wraps on each individual microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave each plate of wraps on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Shredded Colby-monterey Jack or taco-blend cheese can be used in place of the string cheese.
- Garnish these wraps with additional salsa, sour cream, guacamole, sliced ripe olives, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
- Once the beef mixture is cooked, this recipe makes an easy do-it-yourself meal for kids. Mix the cooked ground beef, beans and chiles in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Then let kids have fun wrapping their dinner.