Beef Brisket Taco Bowls™
Everything is bigger in Texas… and once you sink your teeth into this bad boy, you will know your Taco Bowls™ are overflowing with classic beef brisket.
35 Minutes Prep
6 Hours 25 Minutes Total
- 1 onion, halved, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 lb fresh beef brisket (not corned beef), trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (from 14-oz bag)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño chile, halved and seeded
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- Sliced jalapeños, if desired
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer onion slices in slow cooker. In small bowl, stir chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, the paprika, 1 tablespoon salt and the pepper until blended. Rub into brisket; place in slow cooker. Sprinkle any remaining rub on top of meat. In small bowl, stir brown sugar, ketchup, water and cider vinegar until blended. Pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender and can easily be sliced.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add coleslaw mix, red pepper and chopped jalapeño chile. Cover; reserve in refrigerator until needed.
- Transfer brisket to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Discard sauce, or heat as directed in tip. Heat bowls as directed on package. Thinly slice brisket into small slices to fit into bowls; divide among warmed bowls, and top with coleslaw. Garnish with sliced jalapeños.
- Short of time? Use prepared coleslaw to top these bowls. Texas brisket is typically served dry, but if a sauce is desired, take remaining liquid from slow cooker after beef is removed, and skim off the fat. In 2-quart saucepan, cook liquid over high heat until reduced to sauce consistency.
NutritionCalories490(Calories from Fat230),Total Fat25g(Saturated Fat7g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol115mgSodium1390mgTotal Carbohydrate25g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars7g),Protein39g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A70%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium6%;Iron25%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.