Beef Crispy Flour Tacos
25 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 box (8 count) Old El Paso™ crispy flour tortilla shells, heated as directed on box
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Divide beef mixture among heated shells; top with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: sliced jalapeño chiles, taco sauce, sour cream, chopped avocado.
- Heating shells before filling provides the perfect crispness for your tacos.
1 Taco: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 480mg; Potassium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 15g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1