Beef Enchilada Stack
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 9 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 medium green onions, sliced (3 tablespoons)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in bell pepper, corn, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes and enchilada sauce. Heat to boiling; remove from heat.
- Spread about 1/4 of beef mixture in thin layer in pie plate. Top with 3 tortillas (tortillas will overlap), 1/4 of beef mixture and 1/3 of cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, starting with tortillas and ending with cheese on top. Pie plate will be very full but should not overflow.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top each serving with sour cream and green onions.
- An 11-ounce package of 8-inch Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos can be substituted for the corn tortillas.
- Use 2 tortillas for the bottom layer, then use 3 tortillas for each of the remaining layers.
- 1 Serving Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 14g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 910mg; Potassium 480mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 26g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet