Prep 25 Minutes
Total 55 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb lean boneless beef top round steak, slightly frozen, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package), heated
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium nonmetal bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients. Add beef strips; stir to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and marinade; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and beef is no longer pink. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Add to beef mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 of guacamole down center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 of beef mixture. Top with salsa. Fold bottom edge of tortilla toward center; fold 2 sides toward center, slightly overlapping.
- Serve fajitas with fresh pineapple or mango slices.
- 1 Fajita Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 600mg; Potassium 430mg; Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 8g); Protein 24g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 8%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet