Beef Quesadilla Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 package (11.4 oz) Old El Paso™ Hard & Soft Taco Dinner Kit with Taco Shells and Flour Tortillas
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (2 cups)
- 2/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 2/3 cup water and taco seasoning mix (from dinner kit); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat hard taco shells (from dinner kit) as directed on package. Arrange flour tortillas (from dinner kit) on large baking sheet. Spread 1/3 cup of the cheese on each tortilla, making sure cheese covers entire tortilla. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While still warm, place one hard shell in middle of cheese side of each tortilla, and press tortilla around shell.
- Fill hard shell with beef filling, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, crema and taco sauce (from dinner kit), as desired.
- The cheese on the flour tortilla only takes a few minutes to melt, so it’s best not to walk away during this step. If the cheese bakes on the tortilla too long, it will form a crust and won’t adhere as well to the hard taco shell.
- Chopped green onions or cilantro make for extra fresh topping additions to this quesadilla taco.
- Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend can be substituted for the Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese in this recipe, if desired.
- If you don't have a large baking sheet, you can bake the flour tortillas in two batches.
- Beef tacos make taco night easy and delicious. Check out more recipes, like Quick and Easy Beef Tacos and Classic Beef Tacos.
- 1 taco Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 13g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 620mg; Potassium 300mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 23g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet