Beef Taco Queso Dip
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Corona™ Extra beer
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ shredded Mexican style 4 cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos and Fajitas (10 count), heated as directed on package
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Decrease heat to medium. Stir in tomatoes, taco seasoning mix and red pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; spread beef mixture in even layer in the skillet.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat cream cheese and beer over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly with whisk, until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in Mexican 4 cheese blend a little at a time until melted and sauce is smooth, about 4 minutes. Stir in green chiles. Pour over beef mixture in skillet. Serve with tortillas.
- Chopped fresh tomatoes and green onions make a picture-perfect garnish for this easy queso dip with meat.
- Want to switch up the vehicle for this taco cheese dip with meat? Chips can be served with or in place of the warm tortillas
- About 1/2 Cup Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 660mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet