Beer Battered Fish Tacos
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Crispy Fish Filling
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Mexican beer
- 1 lb firm white fish fillets (such as cod)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Tortillas and Toppings
- 8 taco shells from 1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells (10 Count)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In food processor, place Chimichurri Aioli ingredients. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until smooth. Empty into bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat at least 2 inches oil to 350°F. While oil is heating, mix flour and beer in medium bowl. Cut fish fillets into cubes. Dip cubes into batter, and fry fish in batches, about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Fill each taco shell with fish, cabbage, a dollop of aioli and chiles. Serve with lime wedges.
- For a fun variation on this beer batter fish taco recipe, try substituting Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for the Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells.
- Your family will love this Chimichurri Aioli. If you have any left from your beer batter fish tacos, cover and refrigerate to use later with fish, meat and veggies.
- Make this Beer Battered Fish Tacos recipe even easier by purchasing bagged, pre-shredded cabbage.
- 1 Taco Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 650mg; Potassium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet