- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Crispy Fish Filling
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Mexican beer
- 1 lb firm white fish fillets (such as cod)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Tortillas and Toppings
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Step 1 In food processor, place Chimichurri Aioli ingredients. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until smooth. Empty into bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step 2 In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat at least 2 inches oil to 350°F. While oil is heating, mix flour and beer in medium bowl. Cut fish fillets into cubes. Dip cubes into batter, and fry fish in batches, about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt.
Step 3 Fill each taco shell with fish, cabbage, a dollop of aioli and chiles. Serve with lime wedges.
NutritionCalories380(Calories from Fat210),Total Fat23g(Saturated Fat3 1/2g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol40mgSodium650mgTotal Carbohydrate25g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium6%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsFor a fun variation, try substituting Old El Paso® flour tortillas for the Stand 'N Stuff® taco shells.
Your family will love this Chimichurri Aioli. If you have any left, cover and refrigerate to use later with fish, meat and veggies.