Beer Braised Chicken Tacos
Enjoy this Mexican-style dinner featured with chicken, beer, Old El Paso® taco shells and green chiles – a wonderful meal.
15 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup Mexican beer
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ green or mild red enchilada sauce
- 8 Old El Paso™ taco shells (from 4.6-oz box), heated as directed on box
- 1 can (4 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 lime wedges
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken; cook about 1 minute or until onion is tender. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells; top with remaining ingredients.
NutritionCalories220(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat12g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium460mgTotal Carbohydrate15g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars4g),Protein11g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C8%;Calcium4%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.