Beer Queso Nachos
Nachos smothered with beer-spiked queso dip are sure to be a hit at any party. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup lager beer, such as a Boston lager
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Arrange tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes to warm chips.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat until just starting to simmer. Slowly add the cheeses in small amounts, stirring constantly with whisk, until melted. Stir in chiles.
- In medium bowl, mix beans and salsa. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- To serve, pour half of the cheese sauce over warm chips; top with half of the bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese mixture and remaining bean mixture. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- Nachos are easy to customize. Reduce the fat by using baked tortilla chips. Add extra flavor by piling on the vegetables.
NutritionCalories280(Calories from Fat150),Total Fat16g(Saturated Fat7g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol30mgSodium580mgTotal Carbohydrate23g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars2g),Protein10g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium20%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.