- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 envelope (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 oz can) chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 large bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
Step 1 Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onions and bell peppers. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Add Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix and chopped tomatoes. Add tomatoes, water and corn. Add rice. Mix well and turn to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Step 2 Heat oven to 400°. Spoon rice mixture spooned into bell pepper halves. Arrange bell peppers on a baking sheet. Combine both shredded cheeses and sprinkle peppers with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender and cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and spring onions.