Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons Cuban seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- In large bowl, stir together corn, beans, onion, Cuban seasoning, cilantro and garlic. Set aside.
- Place 6 tortillas on work surface. Equally divide bean/corn mixture among tortillas. Evenly divide cheese and sprinkle over bean/corn mixture on tortillas. Top each with second tortilla.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 assembled quesadilla into hot skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Carefully flip quesadilla; cook other side 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadilla in half or into quarters to serve. Repeat with remaining assembled quesadillas.
- Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- If you prefer not to make all six quesadillas at one time, place half of the mixture into a sealable container and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook.
- Serve with sliced avocado and salsa, if desired.