- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons Cuban seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
Step 1 In large bowl, stir together corn, beans, onion, Cuban seasoning, cilantro and garlic. Set aside.
Step 2 Place 6 tortillas on work surface. Equally divide bean/corn mixture among tortillas. Evenly divide cheese and sprinkle over bean/corn mixture on tortillas. Top each with second tortilla.
Step 3 Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 assembled quesadilla into hot skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Carefully flip quesadilla; cook other side 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
Step 4 Cut quesadilla in half or into quarters to serve. Repeat with remaining assembled quesadillas.
Expert TipsRecipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
If you prefer not to make all six quesadillas at one time, place half of the mixture into a sealable container and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook.
Serve with sliced avocado and salsa, if desired.