- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons Cuban seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- In large bowl, stir together corn, beans, onion, Cuban seasoning, cilantro and garlic. Set aside.
- Place 6 tortillas on work surface. Equally divide bean/corn mixture among tortillas. Evenly divide cheese and sprinkle over bean/corn mixture on tortillas. Top each with second tortilla.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 assembled quesadilla into hot skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Carefully flip quesadilla; cook other side 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadilla in half or into quarters to serve. Repeat with remaining assembled quesadillas.
- Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- If you prefer not to make all six quesadillas at one time, place half of the mixture into a sealable container and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook.
- Serve with sliced avocado and salsa, if desired.
- 1 Serving Calories 0 (Calories from Fat nc); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 10 1/2g ,Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Potassium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 61 1/2g (Dietary Fiber 4 1/2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 0g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 3.50%; Calcium 32.80%; Iron 19.40%
- Exchanges: nc Starch; nc Fruit; nc Other Carbohydrate; nc Skim Milk; nc Milk; nc Vegetable; nc Very Lean Meat; nc Lean Meat; nc High-Fat Meat; nc Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: nc
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet