Black Bean, Rice and Queso Mini Tacos
Kids will love these filled mini tacos, which are packed with cilantro-lime rice, black beans, cheese and drizzled with Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso sauce. Easy to assemble and great for on-the-go, busy families.
25 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ ™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso sauce
- In 1 to 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat white rice and water to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand covered 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; stir in butter, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish, place tortilla bowls.
- In medium bowl, mix beans and green chiles. Divide rice mixture evenly among tortilla bowls; top each with 2 teaspoons of the cheese. Divide bean mixture evenly among tortilla bowls; top each with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Top with pico de gallo and sauce.
- Salsa may be substituted for the pico de gallo in this recipe.
- Precooked rice is available for purchase in the frozen section of the grocery store and is a convenient alternative to the cooked rice in this recipe. You may also use 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice, heated in microwave.
- Variation: Try Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce as an alternative to the creamy queso sauce.
Nutrition6 servings (2 mini tacos each)
1 Serving Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 740mg; Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 2g); Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3