Bold Sriracha Beef Burritos
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 6 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup frozen cooked rice, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup canned Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, 2 tablespoons of the Sriracha sauce, the chiles, rice and beans.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Brush one side of each tortilla with remaining Sriracha sauce. Spoon heaping 1/3 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle heaping tablespoonful cheese over filling. Fold in ends of each tortilla; fold sides toward center, overlapping edges. Place seam-side down on cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, mix oil and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix. Brush oil mixture on tops of burritos. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa
- For extra spice, drizzle with Sriracha sauce before serving.
- 1 Serving Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 940mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet