Boozy Bacon Bean Dip
Blogger Cheri Liefeld from Adventures In The Kitchen shares a recipe for a Boozy Bacon Bean dip. Serve your guests this warm cheesy bean dip filled with tequila, bacon and jalapenos.
15 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can (16 ounce) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 green onions, chopped, 1 teaspoon reserved for garnish
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, set aside two tablespoons for garnish
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Mexican cheese mix, 1/4 cup reserved
- Place garlic, refried beans, salsa, green onions, jalapeno, cheese and cumin in a saucepan. Cook over medium to medium high heat until bubbly, about 7 minutes. Stir in half the bacon.
- Spoon into a serving dish. Sprinkle green onions, cheese, tomatoes and bacon on top for garnish.
- Omit jalapeno for a milder dip.
- Make the dip ahead and heat up in the oven. Add garnish at serving time.