Jump-start your morning by whipping up something new and tasty for breakfast.
15 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ fat-free refried beans
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- In small bowl, beat eggs and water with fork or wire whisk until well mixed.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Spread refried beans and salsa on tortillas to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on microwavable plate; microwave each burrito uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds or until tortilla and beans are very warm and cheese is starting to melt.
- Cut eggs in half. Place each half on center of each tortilla. Fold top and bottom ends of each tortilla about 1 inch over filling; fold right and left sides over folded ends, overlapping. Cut each burrito in half. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
- Despite their name, refried beans don't have to be fried in oil or loaded with fat to be high in flavor. Look for the canned variety that is labeled fat-free.
- At 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choices, these breakfast burritos could be partnered with 1/2 cup of orange juice and a couple strips of bacon for a meal with 2 1/2 Carbohydrate Choices.
- Add a touch of color to the breakfast plate by choosing flavored tortillas, such as tomato or spinach.
NutritionCalories260(Calories from Fat100),Total Fat11g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol220mgSodium670mgTotal Carbohydrate26g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars2g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium20%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.