Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup from 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ mild taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado cut into slices
- 1/2 cup salsa
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat stove top griddle or large frying pan over a low flame.
- Place the refried beans along with the taco seasoning into a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir to mix well. Gently heat over low heat.
- In a small frying pan melt 1 teaspoon of the butter. Scramble the eggs until slightly soft, about 30-45 seconds. Set aside.
- If you did not buy pre-grated cheese, grate the cheese now.
- Smear 1/8 cup of refried beans on each tortilla.
- Scatter 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the refried beans.
- Divide the scrambled egg onto the cheesy tortilla.
- Top the scrambled egg with slices of the avocado, then top with the other tortilla.
- Melt the other 1 teaspoon of butter on the griddle or in the large frying pan. If, you are using a frying pan, you will have to do this step one quesadilla at a time. Place the filled tortillas on top of the griddle. Cook over medium low heat. Flip after two (2) minutes. Cook the other side for two (2) minutes.
- Remove the breakfast quesadilla from the griddle, let cool for 1 minute.
- Cut each quesadilla into four pieces.
- Serve with salsa and remaining refried beans.
- Preheat the refried beans before assembling the breakfast quesadillas—this step cuts down on cooking time.
- Do not overcook the scrambled eggs as they will continue cooking during step 9 of this Breakfast Quesadilla recipe.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet