Cannoli Mini Taco Bowls™
The competition for the best cannoli in New England is never ending… but what about in the form of a taco? Deep fried and filled with the creamy goodness that you know and love, these Cannoli Mini Taco Bowls™ will impress friends at your next get-together.
1 Hour Prep
1 Hour Total
- 1 container (15 oz) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 6 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Fresh mint leaves, if desired
- In medium bowl, beat ricotta cheese, whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and orange peel with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in deep fryer or 3-quart heavy-bottomed pot, heat at least 2 inches oil to 350°F. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, add granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Place bowls in batches in preheated oil; fry 1 minute on each side, using tongs to turn bowls halfway through, until lightly brown all over. Drain bowls upside down on paper towel-lined cookie sheet until slightly cool; toss 4 bowls at a time in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, remove filling from refrigerator, and fill decorating bag fitted with large piping star tip. Pipe filling into cooled bowls, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Top with mint leaves. Serve immediately. Store any remaining filled bowls in refrigerator.
- No decorating bag? Fill large resealable freezer bag; cut off one bottom corner, and squeeze filling into each bowl.
- Using a candy thermometer/deep frying thermometer helps to ensure correct temperature when frying to give best results.
NutritionCalories200(Calories from Fat120),Total Fat13g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol25mgSodium110mgTotal Carbohydrate16g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars9g),Protein5g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium8%;Iron2%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.