Cheesy Bean Dip
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, sliced, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 9-inch microwave-safe pie pan, combine beans and green chiles; spread evenly in pan. Cover with microwave-safe waxed paper. Microwave on High for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until dip is warm.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Top with bell pepper and jalapeño chile. Re-cover; microwave on Medium for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is almost melted. Lift waxed paper slowly to allow steam to escape when looking at cheese melt. Pie pan will be hot; carefully remove from microwave oven. Let dip stand 2 minutes; uncover. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
- For entertaining make the dip in a pretty fluted quiche dish or on a decorative, microwave-safe platter.
- To prepare in oven, heat oven to 350°F. In 9 or 10-inch quiche dish or pie pan, combine beans and green chiles; spread evenly in dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bell pepper and jalapeño chile. Bake at 350°F. for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 1 Tablespoon Calories 40 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet